To be grateful is to be happy.
FACT: It’s impossible to be in a bad mood and feel gratitude at the same time.
(It’s true. I’ve tried.)
Heartfelt gratitude is the fastest way to experience happiness.
When in a state of gratitude, you’re directly connected with your heart - the deepest, wisest, most loving part of yourself. You get a glimpse of the light that is your divine nature.
You become one with who you truly are.
The practice of real gratitude is a game changer. It allows us to see we are what we seek.
When you are truly grateful for all the good you have in your life, you begin to see that all the happiness, love, peace and abundance you’ve been seeking is already yours. Soon, you’ll sit back and watch in amazement, as even more of it starts to flow into your life. It’s easy. It’s fun. And it works!
Try a gratitude journal – it can change your life.
I keep a gratitude journal beside my bed. Before I go to sleep, I review my day and write down all the things that I’m grateful for. When I wake up, I immediately practice gratitude again. Sometimes I write these morning gratitudes in my journal. Sometimes I just enjoy the pleasant thoughts of appreciation.
When first starting out, a gratitude journal might be challenging. Keep it simple. Start with three things and slowly work your way up. Write down things like, I am grateful for my comfortable bed. I am grateful for my pillow. I am grateful for the quiet.
Really feel your appreciation for even these little things.
With time it will get easier and easier. Look for things throughout the day to write in your journal at night. It’s an uplifting and worthwhile practice.
Life is better when we are grateful!
10 reasons I am grateful right now:
There are so many reasons to be grateful.
Conscious gratitude is a powerful practice.
It feels amazing and helps us to connect with the part of ourselves that is infinite, whole and complete. I’ve made it a habit to look for reasons to be grateful, daily. Before bed and upon waking up are the times I reflect on this the most. I began this practice of gratitude about 5 years ago – usually before bed and upon waking - and it literally changed my life. I wholeheartedly encourage you to give it a try.
Here’s my list right now:
“I am grateful for…”
- The life I have created. I work from home. This gives me so much freedom.
- Access to so many beautiful walking trails close to my home. (I enjoy them everyday!)
- Our dog (our four legged child). Infinitely grateful for her presence, her wisdom and her kindness. (She’s also cute beyond measure!)
- All the abundance in my life. Finances. Love. Friendship. It all counts.
- A cozy, warm bed to lie down in every night. I love the feel of my sheets and my amazingly comfortable pillow.
- My yoga practice. Even on the days I have to drag myself to the mat, I always feel so good afterward.
- My home. I feel blessed to have a safe place to retreat to, relax in, to celebrate, enjoy and create good memories in.
- My gratitude journal. It’s one of the best gifts that I have ever given to myself.
- The people in my life. Family, friends, co-workers, my neighbours. All of them. Everyone plays a part.
- Whether I’m dancing, singing or listening a bird’s song. Music is one of the many gifts life has to offer.
I could go on and on. (Another cool thing about cultivating gratitude: once you get started, you just can’t stop!)
Give it a try. You’ll be happy you did.
Lastly, my friend, I am grateful for you! You make the world a better place just by being in it.With gratitude,
P.S. Looking to show your gratitude for a friend or loved one? Would you like a reminder to be grateful through the day? We’ve created the Gratitude Tree Spinner Ring. Because when we are grateful, we are happy. Simple.